Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Apprentice.... better Late Than NeVeR

So, after more than an year of soul searching, I've decided to stay in my field... I have quit Sutherland, n on 10th July, I've officially joined HMT as a Graduate Apprentice....

Making the decision was very easy, cos I now know that Mechanical Engineers has a face value that no other engineers have.... But, leaving Acer was very tough.... cos I've loved the process, I loved the way everything is done there, I have learned a lot during the four months I stayed there....

But as they say, " to gain something, you've to loose something"

Now about HMT, man that company is a monster, there are so many machines... n they are so BIG... I hope I'm gonna enjoy staying there.... and by the end of one year, hopefully I'd be a qualified and experienced Mechanical Engineer....

My TL and Program manager says that Mechanical feild sucks and I'm making a stupid decisison. Cos they think that my growth will be very slow and blah blah... They were surprised that I was leaving an 8k salary job to a 2.6 k stipend job.... Well, what they don't understand is the call of a Mechie, the fell & pleasure that one gets when he is doing the job that he had learned.... I'm not telling that IT is bad, but Mechanical is something else, that I love and can't explain....

" Its in your moments of decision that your destiny is made"- Anthony Robbins.

Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference

-Robert Frost


Have I made the decision of my life, well, I think so, and time will prove it :)

- Nish

No comments: